Isn't It Ironic?

Sorry, Alanis, but I needed to take that title. You probably don't have copyright on it, anyway.

I just have to share this little tidbit of my life.

I went to elementary school with a girl who was, shall I say, not so nice. She was cute, but arrogant, and pretty much two-faced. I think I went to her birthday party once, when she was still too young to realize that I, along with some other girls, did not wear Jordache jeans. She also teased girls for having hairy legs, but had the most hairy ones herself. (Karma, anyone?) I can't be certain, but when we all aged to the point that our menstrual cycles started, she wasn't very kind about the whole thing. Finding a tampon or pad in your locker with her near? Well, let's just say you didn't want that to happen.

Anyway, we graduated together in 8th grade, and if I had seen her on the street after that, I might have said a quick hello. But we moved, and so I had no reason to see her. Which wasn't so bad, if you ask me. She thought she was brighter, prettier, and just all around better at everything. And maybe she was, but she certainly wasn't nicer.

Fast forward to the times of Facebook. She wanted to friend me, probably just to beef up her already beefy list, and I said okay. After all, I was curious as to what she had done with herself.

She has done quite a bit, depending on your point of view. She chose career over family, and has quite the career, but no family. She presents herself as a big wig over in Hollywood, and I have seen her on TV, and heard her voice-overs. She has her own production company, and her website has a set of photos of her that just crack me up: she is absolutely trying her best to look seductive, but it just doesn't work for me, since she is trying so hard. However, I have looked longingly at some of her photos, at least the ones of the places to which she travels. Who wouldn't want to jet around the world and see the sights?

Well, yesterday, I just about laughed myself out of my chair. Via Facebook, she posted the latest in a long line of triumphs, i.e. red carpet sightings, national voice work, newsreels. This time? She is featured in print for a magazine. It is an ad in a magazine. For a famous tampon maker!

Now what would her elementary school self have to say about that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status