Pardoned

I am certain all you regular readers know what the topic of today's post is. Yep, Mr. Diabetic himself, Ferdinand.

The cat has been given a pardon.

Here is what happened. We were all ready to take him in and have him peacefully sent to the yarn factory in the sky. And then, he miraculously started to do better. He wasn't messing up the basement, he didn't seem to whine as much, and his water intake and urine output had leveled off a bit. His blood glucose levels were still high, but for some reason, he was doing better. He even came out of the basement a couple of hours each day.

So, the cat gets a reprieve. It might only be a slight one, but at least the kids get more time with him. I still hope that when it is his time, he will just curl up and go, all by himself, so that I don't have to be the captain of his fate. Having that control over his life...I just don't like it.

(I haven't said this to the kids or anything, but I have heard that many times people seem to do better before dying. Whether or not that happens in cats remains to be seen.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status