Caped Crusaders

If you are a regular of this blog, you know that Melina has been going through a superhero phase. Thank goodness, is all I can say. There is only so much pink I can take.

Yesterday, we went to book club at a local Starbucks. I made sure to shower after I ran, and put on clean clothes for our jaunt to the book club. Melina made sure to grab her cape. She went dressed as Batman.


The above picture does not have the black cape, but she loves to put the whole thing together, and was happy to sip a hot chocolate at Starbucks. She then decided that she wanted to ask people if they knew who she was. She started with the book club ladies -- all 8 of them. Most of them guessed Batman, and were rewarded with a big Melina smile. If they replied Batgirl, she quickly corrected them: "I'm Batman!"

After she had gone through all 8 ladies, she asked a friend of mine to take her up to a random man in line. They politely asked him if he knew who she was. He looked at her and said, "Hmmm, Batman?" Melina replied, "Yes!" and pumped her fist in the air. The man in line chuckled, as did many of the other patrons.

I was wildly amused by Melina's antics. Sure, I think she is funny in her little outfit, and I love to see the look of pure joy on her face. But I was astounded that someone to whom I gave birth would willingly, without my encouragement, want to go up to a random stranger. I've had very little experience in this regard with the other kids. It was awfully refreshing.

Lest you think Melina is a one man Superhero lover, I am providing a picture of her in her Wonder Woman outfit. It is missing the circlet that goes around her head. Aaron made it for her, but we didn't get it in the picture. We did get the golden lasso, though.


We also have Aquaman (orange shirt and green pants), Spider man, and just today, we got a Green Lantern T-shirt that will come in handy this afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status