Early Mornings

Our kids now range in age from 4 to 10.  Great ages, right?  For the most part, they are self-sufficient and they can sleep through the night.  Furthermore, they pretty much wait to wake up in the morning until after 6:30 am.  I could ask for more, but then I'd look at myself as selfish.

So lately, now that I am teaching 2 classes and trying to finish writing two novels (I am going to be positive and therefore I am calling them novels instead of stories), I find myself creeping out of bed between the hours of 5 and 6 am.  The last two nights, I have been downstairs by 5:30 am.  I am just trying to find peace and quiet.  Something that, as you can imagine, is pretty scarce around here.

This morning was a morning that I quickly dressed and made it to the kitchen by 5:32 am.  I brewed a cup of coffee, grabbed my morning bowl of toasted oats, and sat back to listen to the silence.  It was heavenly.

The downside to my early morning activity is that I am tired by 8 pm.  It is coming upon that now, and to be quite frank, I am ready for bed.  Too bad I have more lectures to prepare.

See you in the morning! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status