Uh-oh!

I need to go on record here for a moment.  I need to say that Harvey the Hippo burst forth from my brain sometime in the early 90s.  I wrote a couple of stories with him as one of the main characters, and a little while back, another story started to brew.  But let me say again, that he has been in my head for ages.  Ages.  AGES.

So here I am, 82 pages and almost 25,000 words into my Harvey the Hippo story, and what do I find?  This.

Which makes me ask, should I continue with my story?  And if I do, should I change Harvey the Hippo to Kevin the Kangaroo or something like it?  In my mind, I can't.  This story is about L and Harvey, not about Kevin.  But I do wonder if, should my story ever get published, will someone bring up the similarities to Fama's idea?  To be fair, her manuscript is not published yet, so I best not worry too much.  I don't even think our plots are anywhere near similar.

By the way, Tim says to check out her bio.  In another universe, that could be me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status