Cows, Shirts, and Dresses

Overheard at our house last weekend:
Aaron: Hey. I opened up my present from Aunt Tara. [He holds up something toward Melina, then lays it on the floor.] Look at my sleeping bag. It's really silky.
Melina: Oh yay! [Melina dives onto the sleeping bag.] It's silky, but not jersey silky.
Aaron: . . . [Look of confusion on his face.]
Melina: My dresses, Aaron. The jersey fabric. They are much silkier than this sleeping bag.
Aaron: It's still silky.
I'm not convinced Aaron had a clue what Melina was talking about. I just know that I thought the word jersey referred to a sports shirt up until I was about 37 years old. Then, I move to Ohio and find out that cows and dresses can also hold onto that descriptor. So you can see where he comes from, but Melina? We're still not sure where she came from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status