Into the Pensieve, VIII

When I was a child, I had a favorite dessert recipe. I loved it so much, I offered a copy of it to my teacher the year we made a class cookbook for Mother's Day. The recipe? We called it Lemon Fluff, but Mom never made the dish with lemon pudding. Instead, she usually used chocolate or pistachio flavored puddings.

Mom and Dad visited last week and for Dad's birthday, I thought I'd pull out that old recipe. I couldn't actually find the cookbook, but I found the right recipe on the good old internet, of course. The recipe doesn't take much time, and based on the oohs and ahhs from my parents, it had been a long time since they'd tasted the dessert. It was so good to see my Mom enjoy something sweet.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 cup butter
dash of white sugar

2 cups powdered sugar
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (light or regular), softened
2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate (or lemon or pistachio) pudding
3 cups milk
1-2 (8 ounce) containers non-dairy whipped topping

Instructions:
1. Mix the butter and flour together and press into the bottom of a 13x9x2 dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the edges are brown. Cool.
2. Combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and 2 cups of the whipped topping until well mixed. Then spread over the cooled crust.
3. Combine pudding and milk and spread over cream cheese mixture. Chill.

4. Cover with remaining whipped topping and store in the refrigerator.

Not the best picture, but it tasted great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status