Thursday, August 18, 2016


At the beginning of the summer, I decided that one of my writing goals would involve my current WIP, After We've Fallen. Although I'd received feedback from my writing group back in April, I hadn't done anything with that feedback except think about it. Knowing my writing time would be very limited, I said to myself, "Revise the bad boy and be done with it by the end of summer." But in order to revise, I had to go see a priest.

If you keep up with this blog, you'll know that I didn't bother to see the priest until mid-July. (Okay, it wasn't that I didn't bother, it's that I was busy. You know how that goes). What had I done between the start of summer (May 23rd or so) and mid-July? I'd gone through each marked-up copy (I had six of them) and made the tiny corrections suggested by my writing group. All the little things had been marked off the list. After seeing the priest, I tackled the larger issues. Sure, I only had about a month to go before summer ended. That timing mattered not to me: sometimes I work well under deadlines.

Well, yesterday, my summer officially ended. The kids left the house, the last one at 8:30 a.m. And I'm happy to report that I read the last page of After We've Fallen, made the final revision, and sent a copy to my sisters at 9:42 a.m. The only thing better than that would be if I'd shipped the manuscript off to my agent.

Maybe next year.


T said...

On it!

Kelsey said...

I am very much looking forward to my turn...