Delays/Closing/Cancellations

The forecast called for snow, somewhere between 4 and 8 inches, depending on where you are in our little region. As most of you readers know, even an inch or two of snow can send schools and businesses into delays around here, so I braced myself for a closing. But the girls were home sick yesterday, so a closing wouldn't actually be that bad today.

Did I do anything about it? Certainly not, as I have no control over the weather.

My children think differently.
Talia: Hey Zoe, we need to go turn our pajamas around.
Zoe: Oh yeah. Let's go.
If you aren't in the loop on this one, the story goes like this: wear your pajamas inside out and backwards at night, and you'll have a snow day the next day. Apparently even the fifth grade teachers told the kids to wear them on Tuesday night. Maybe they all need a vacation, but you know, spring break is around the corner.

The girls didn't stop there, though. I went upstairs to see if they were in bed yet, and I lightly knocked on the door. As I walked into their room, I could see the two of them stop moving.
Zoe: We're doing our snow day dance.
Talia: It worked last time.
Me: I truncate the dance! Now get in bed!
I had to explain what truncate meant, but hey, it's always good to improve their vocabulary. They'll have plenty of chances of doing so today on their lovely off.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status