This Just In

If you've ever picked up what you think is bad literature, I want you to say an Our Father or Hail Mary as penance for ever cursing the person that wrote the book. I know I've read and commented on books hailed as best sellers that I simply didn't enjoy. I often thought, "How could they?" and "Don't I deserve better than this?" But let me tell you this: IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO WRITE A BOOK.
If you don't believe me, go try it, and come back with a full report.

I had very little time last week to make progress on either one of my newer stories. Had the inspiration hit, like it did two weeks ago, I'd have made the time to get the details on the paper. But nothing struck me as gold, save for a couple of conversations that were quickly keyed into the word document. And so I'll sit here this week, alternating between a couple of stories and lectures and Facebook and email and hope that I can get back into the groove and move something, anything along. I know where the stories need to go (which often can be a problem with writers, the uncertainty of where you want to take your characters), I just need to get them there.

So please, send me your inspiration. I'm not asking for a miracle here, nor the ability to craft a sentence the way many of my favorite authors do (I've read that Marisa de los Santos actually writes a sentence, tweaks it, and retweaks it so it is perfect before she goes on to the next one. But she's a poet, so I guess I expect that behavior.). I'm good with a couple of grunts and ellipses and other fillers to get me from the forest in a land of magic to the desert in another world. I can always go back and adjust everything in my attempt to forge a good story. Just a couple of positive thoughts headed my way would be sufficient.

I thank you in advance and realize that, just like a child, it takes a village to craft a good story, because I might not have been clear when I said: IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO WRITE A BOOK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status