Mom Moments

I had lunch with a group of friends yesterday. We brought our kids together for pizza and snacks at someone's house, and even though there were 9 kids there (1 still had school or we would have had an even 10), the four of us managed to sit at our own table and hold a nice discussion, albeit an often-interrupted one.

A good time was had by all. Conversations veered this way and that, and ran the gamut as far as topics went. I won't reveal anything here, in an effort to protect the innocent.

When it was time to go home, I shooed the kids out the door and unlocked the minivan for them. And then, I made a mistake. I peeked inside my friend's Yukon XL.

I've never been a fan of the SUV. They cost quite a bit and have terrible gas mileage. Heck, they don't fit into most older garages. Those were my feelings until I had 4 kids. Now, I think it would be great to have space for extra passengers and groceries, luggage and pets. I almost fainted when she showed me the cargo space at the back.

"I need to get one of those," I muttered.

"I only have two kids," she replied. "But I love it."

We aren't in the market for a car right now, and even when the minivan goes, I certainly won't be buying a new car, we'll look for a used one. But I'm thinking that maybe I should go out and pick up some extra hours or something at school, find another part-time job, just to be prepared. Because when the time comes to buy something else, its going to be really difficult not to want to seriously consider that stinking SUV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status