Spring Broken

Spring break is great, right?

I'd agree with that statement if you actually go somewhere else. Or, if my break coincided with the kids break. But it doesn't. So this week, while they have been home or when we've been out, all I can think of is how much I need to get done at home. The laundry, the cooking, the lectures, the writing, all of it has suffered this week.

I try to tell myself, repeatedly, that we've spent time with friends and time together, which is quality time. Saying that and realizing it is, indeed, true, has healed the wound a bit. But I'm still scrambling today to make sure I'm prepared to teach tomorrow, and I despise that feeling.

In the end, I'm definitely broken and ready for this lovely crew to head back to school next week. We've only got 1 quarter left, which means in 9 weeks I'll be doing this again. I think I best prepare myself, don't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status