Misstep at the Spermbank

How's that for the title of a post? That one is, I'm sure, drawing you right in, isn't it?

Well, this morning I was tagged in a post by FRN. It was a screen shot for a local news station and it said, "What's Hot: No Red Heads. Sperm Banks Reject Gingers." Clearly, being a female, it doesn't impact me. But my little red head, Aaron, who yes, is male? Well, my first thought was, "How in the heck will he get extra cash during college if they won't take his sperm?"  Just kidding. While I've known several people who did just that, I am seriously hoping that Aaron would choose a more mundane route for making extra cash, i.e. working at the library or the student union.

I did a Google search and found that in 2011, the Danish firm Cryos decided to stop taking sperm from Gingers. Apparently infertile couples don't choose to have Gingers. I didn't choose to have 1 red head and 3 blonds, but you don't see me complaining.

Do people know what they are missing when they choose to omit a population? Can you imagine a world without Daphne and Shaggy? Ariel the mermaid or Angie Everhart? All kidding aside, Lucille Ball, Susan Sarandon and a whole host of other celebrities are Ginger. And that is the tip of the iceberg. What about Vincent Van Gogh and William Shakespeare? Mark Twain and Galileo? If we'd had technology to opt out of Gingers, our history would be quite a bit different.

And then I think of the Gingers I know personally. Aaron comes first to mind, of course. I hope the child has children someday, because to not share his genetic potential would be a waste. I've said many times that I wish I had his brain. And even thought he is considerate and shares his knowledge and will hopefully do so as he grows up, I wouldn't mind having a couple of little Aarons (Gingers or not) for grandkids.

I also have several friends with the distinction of Ginger, each of whom possess characteristics that make them stand out far more than their red hair does. Looks like people never will understand the basic fact that we are all different and should be loved for who we are, and not what we look like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status