Lunch Dilemma

On Mondays, Aaron eats lunch at the peanut-free table with his friend, Harper.  You've probably heard the name before.  We met Harper and her mom 8 years ago (!) at play group.  Aaron and Harper are both November babies, and have been together in class a couple of times (2, including this year).  A couple of months into Kelsey's pregnancy with their second child, Michael, I found out I was pregnant with Melina.  We couldn't have timed it better if we had tried (which we didn't...if you know the story of Melina, you KNOW we didn't try).  Melina and Michael will most likely be in the same grade as well.

Anyway, back to my story of sorts.  Monday is Aaron's day to eat with Harper.  Which means I pack up a nut-free lunch.  I check the labels of anything prepackaged, if I send it (which I rarely do) and make sure not to give Aaron his standard PB&J sandwich.  I even cleared a recipe with Kelsey, one for oatmeal banana bars, just to make sure I could make Aaron a decent lunch.  Kelsey has asked that if Aaron (or any other child) is scheduled to eat with Harper, that the child does not buy lunch that day. 

Well there lies the dilemma.  Aaron loves eating lunch with Harper.  Apparently, eating lunch with Harper can be EPIC...lots of funny stuff and very little eating.  Well not always, because I know the kids are hungry.  But at least one Monday, Aaron came home with most of his lunch still in his lunch box.  But what about the days that Aaron's favorite school lunch, in fact the only one that he will buy (much to my chagrin; I'd rather he not buy a school lunch at all, but that is for another post) is on the menu?!?  What to do?

I am proud to report that today, Aaron chose sitting with Harper over buying the Pepperoni Pizza Stick for lunch.  And if that just doesn't scream, "I love you" than you don't know Aaron.  Possible prom date?  College sweethearts?  Future daughter-in-law?  I guess we'll find out.  At least we already know that aside from our love of peanut butter and peanut products, our families are compatible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status