Troubled Times

Many of you have heard this by now, but I received an email from Aaron's teacher the other night.  I think an email is slightly better than a phone call, because you have the ability to react without having the other person listen.  This is what the email said:

Hello there Mrs. C,

Hope all is well.  I have another bathroom story.... boys just LOVE that place!!!!!! 

Aaron was caught putting the boys pass in the toilets today and swishing it around.... he wasn't bothering others but that is a disrespect of my property.  I talked to him about it and told him we may need to come up with a plan if he can't go to the bathroom, do his business and get out!  Thought you might want to know since this is the 2nd bathroom incident. 

Thanks so much.  Have a nice evening!!

My first reaction?  I laughed out loud.  So glad to know that my kid, the one so interested in science, was probably trying to see what the pass would do to the swirling action of the toilet.  My second reaction?  I got mad.  Thankfully, Aaron wasn't here, because I wanted to haul something at him.

Things started swirling in my head.  Haven't we taught you to use good judgment?  To not deface property?  To work at school and play at home?  And for goodness sakes, if you want to experiment in the bathroom, at least make sure the bathroom is empty, so that maybe just maybe your chance of getting caught would be pretty slim?   I actually said that last bit to him once he had gotten home and we had discussed the whole incident.  Tim looked at me and said, "Great, go and put ideas in his head."  Aaron glanced at me and said, "I didn't think of that."  No duh, kid.

No one ever said raising kids was easy.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status