Etch-A-Sketch

Nothing new to report and not much to say.

Can you believe that one?

Yeah, me neither.  Perhaps I will be slammed with voices in my head this week, forcing me to write furiously some new posts. 

Stay tuned.

But wait!  I just migrated to the other tab and reminded myself that the Tigers and Yankees played last night in Game 1 of the ALCS.  I doubt any of you know this, since I have never mentioned it, but I am a Tigers fan.  I still have the commemorative baseball from when they won the 1984 World Series.  Sure, it is in a box in the basement, but I do have it.

Now,  there is nothing I like better (well, except for a good run and some ice cream) than to see the Tigers beat the Yankees.  Well done.  But this, this went beyond elation when I read the following:
What will be etched in the minds of those who watched this game will be Yankees shortstop and captain Derek Jeter crumpled on the ground in pain during the Tigers' two-run rally in the 12th and being helped off the field by manager Joe Girardi and head athletic trainer Steve Donohue.  Jeter suffered a fractured left ankle that will keep him out of the rest of the postseason. Detroit Free Press, Sunday, 10/14/12, written by John Perrotto, Special for USA TODAY Sports.
Jeter hurt? Great.  Out for the rest of the post season?  Even greater.  How shameful, I know.  I don't  speak for any other Tigers' fans, but I can say two things. 1. Even though I don't like seeing anyone get hurt, if it had to happen, better it happen to Jeter than any of our people (I love to hate Derek Jeter).  And 2.  His crumpling really won't be "etched in the minds of those who watched the game," at least in my opinion.

How about the Tigers almost losing after being up 4-0?  Isn't that a little bit more of a mind-etching scheme for you?  And the fact that Valverde might not be counted upon to close the game?  Yeah, that little bit would have a greater chance of being etched in my mind than the crumpling of Derek Jeter.  And that is a good thing. Because if I actually did hold that vision of Derek Jeter getting hurt in my mind, and basked in the goodness it brought about, and I did this over and over again, you'd really have to wonder what sort of person I have become.  

Go Tigers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status