Sweaters

It's hard to fall in love with something you are required to do.  But in 7th grade, I did just that.

I attended a Catholic school and was required to wear navy blue sweaters, if we wanted to wear one at all.  And one day, sometime during 7th grade, I found my love in the Men's department at TJMaxx.  Navy blue wool with a v-neck collar.  Nothing special about it:  no monograms or fancy piping, just a plain old comfortable sweater. I wore it in the fall, winter and early spring.  I tried to wear it on the stuffy, hot, May days, but feared that the sweat dripping down my arms and neck would give way to some issues.  But come the fall of 8th grade, I pulled it back out again.  I have no idea what happened to that sweater.  I probably gave it away after finishing 8th grade.  No more navy for me; I'd moved on to dark green or gray. Again, a uniform dictated my choices.

This past Sunday, I headed to Marshalls to check on some cardigans. I could have 100 of them and I still wouldn't have enough.  I like to wear them in any season, and I find sweaters easy to wear to work.  I don't need that many shirts if I have a bunch of cardigans I can mix and match.  Add to that the fact that I am always cold, and you know why I love them so much.  Well there I was, in the Ladies department, just browsing, when I spot a charcoal gray wool cardigan.  Simple construction, great length, no ruffles, toggles, funny buttons or weird cuts.  It looked promising.

Well, let's keep this story short.  I tried it on, and I was taken back in time.  I found my new favorite sweater, for a multitude of reasons.  Please forgive me if you see me wearing it every day from now on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status