From the Inside

Just in case you were wondering what's happening in my Catholic life lately, I have news. No, I'm not switching to the conservative side or asking Tim to reverse his vasectomy. I'm contemplating joining the Parish Council.

SCREECH.

I know, I know. The lady who claims to want more (or less, depending on the day) from Catholicism is contemplating becoming a part of the team? Let me briefly explain.

A friend asked if I'd be a part of the council. I like said friend and so I said I'd consider it.

Now since the meetings conflict with my writing group, I won't be considering it that strongly, but I found it somewhat laughable when he asked if I would have interest in becoming a member of the council.

"You don't want me," I said. "I don't even get to church each week."

"Yes, we do. You're exactly the demographic we need."

Hmm. Interesting. It could be a case of the blind leading the blind. Or the moral minority taking over. I could stem a revolt from the inside. Make the parish what I want and make the congregation think if was all their idea! Ah, the possibilities...

Comments

Kelsey said…
BE the change you wish to see... in the Catholic Church. :-)

OR just let that be and join the PTO.
Christina said…
BEST. COMMENT. EVER.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status