Time Wasted

1 hour.

60 minutes.

3600 seconds.

It took that long (despite the fact that I had the letter, synopsis, AND chapters ready and at hand) to put together a query file for an agent who will, most likely, take less than a second to say no. (Or not, because many agents don't even bother to send a form rejection. Their rule? If you don't hear from us, then it's a no. Why thank you, agent. I wish I could use that one in class. Sorry, students, if you don't hear back from me, well, I guess you're shit out of luck. Here's to hoping someone else answers that question for you!)

I can't blame anyone other than Microsoft for the time I wasted, considering the formatting issues took up the largest chunk of my time. I could have been reading. Or better yet, writing. I could have decided not to bother sending the letter at all.

And yet, I HAD to send it. Because if I just spent that long putting together the file, you can darn well bet I was going to at least send it out. I'd rather have another no (or the lack of a no) in my life than a what if?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status