Classy Writing

"Hey, Mom, can I read some of your blog?" Talia asked.

I tossed the recent titles around in my mind and scrambled to come up with an appropriate one. "Sure, you can read Computer Time," I said.

"What about Breakfast with the Billionaire?"

"Uh, I'm not sure. Just a sec."

I stepped around the corner of the living room and asked Tim if he thought it was okay for the girls to read that recent post (because whatever Talia does, Zoe is sure to follow and vice versa). He thought for a moment and then nodded his head in the affirmative.

So off they went, zipping through a few blog posts with smiles on their faces. As they came to the end of the Billionaire post, Talia says to me, "Did you write that? The story, I mean?"

"Yes," I said.

Talia's eyes widened and she shook her head. "You write weird stuff sometimes," she replied.

Yes, yes, I do. I'm betting she wasn't quite sure what to say about the story. And I'm also betting she had no clue about any sexual innuendo the story had in it. In fact, I used those terms--sexual innuendo--in the post, and I'm guessing that just reading the 's' word made her run for the hills. What I found so funny was that she wasn't sure who wrote the excerpt. So I stepped back around the corner of the living room again and told Tim what Talia had said.

His response? You're ready for this, I know: "You wrote that? I thought it was from the book you read."

I don't feel flattered, because that piece of crap was just that--sexually charged crap. But it just goes to show you that I can, indeed, write at least an excerpt from a book. And that someone believes my writing can be published. Of course, I'm hoping that what I do eventually publish is a little bit more classy than that Billionaire excerpt. Only time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status