Encouragement

Hi ho, just checking in. I'm still alive. And well (for the most part). Still crazy busy, but Melina and I have accomplished more in the way of math coverage in the last few days than we had for a while. Plus, I've gotten a ton of hugs and kisses from the crew. So I guess my spending more time being present is paying off.

But I thought I'd let you know that I received two new rejections yesterday for my novel entitled, After We've Fallen. Sure, rejections are hard to stomach, but these two...well...they gave me a little bit of hope. They showed me that perhaps, there really will be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Exhibit 1:
Dear Christina,

Thank you for sending me After We've Fallen.

While I enjoyed reading your submission, which stood out from the many we receive, I'm afraid I didn't feel strongly enough about the material to take it further. I'm sorry not to be writing with better news. I hope another agent feels differently.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to consider your material and I wish you every success with your writing.

Best wishes,
Shelia
Well, yes, I wish you were writing with better news, too, but hey! My material stood out from others? I'll take that compliment and hope she meant it!

Exhibit 2:
Dear Christina,

Thank you for sharing your work with me, and for your kind note. You write well, but I'm afraid that I just didn't connect with this in the way that I'd hoped.

That said, I'd be happy to hear about any future projects you may have.

Whatever happens, I hope you will continue writing and sending out your work. Again, thank you for sharing this with me.

All the best wishes,
Jessica 
I write well? And you'd be happy to see something of mine in the future? I'll take those words and run with them, too.

And now, I'm back to caressing the keyboard...







Comments

Amanda K. Jaros said…
Hi Christina- Congrats on the rejections! The more you rack up, the closer you are to that pot of gold. Good luck!
Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status