Not a Goodbye

Over the past week or so, I've put forth a concerted effort to be more present for my children. Some of you might laugh at that statement, convinced that I had already done a pretty good job of that in the past. (And I do appreciate your confidence in me, really.) But to be honest, my dedication to the kids has been spotty as of late, and I don't want to miss this time in their lives. The girls will be 13 in January; Aaron turns 10 on November 1st. Melina is already one quarter into her first grade year. If I don't pull back now, I'll be 60 and wondering why my kids don't call me.

And since I've taken on more projects: teaching, editing, and writing books, I've got to give something up in order to find that time for the kids. Yes, you know where this is going. I don't watch TV, so that can't be it. I'm not even back to running. I enjoy the book writing too much, too. So since I can't give up laundry and cooking and cleaning (I've already let the cleaning go far too much), I'm choosing to let go of the blog.

Fear not--it's not a complete break here. I can't do that...I just have too much to say. But this past year especially, I've done a lot of blog writing. And in those minutes where I'm posting information here, I could have been doing something else so that when the kids are awake or home from school, I'm there. As in, not just with my body, but with my whole mind and soul.

Check in from time to time, because I'll still be managing a few posts a week (I hope). This is not a goodbye, at all.

Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status