Warmth in December

If you live anywhere near me, you know it's cold outside. And when it's cold, I seem to find comfort in a bit of warm food. So you might wonder why I'm posting a cobbler recipe now, in the early part of December. No, I haven't made this recipe recently. In fact, I've never made it. But a colleague did, and I'm posting it so that I can remind myself how to find that bit of warmth I need right now. This peach cobbler was delicious and I'm thinking that this warm fruity dessert (with a dash of cinnamon if I add it) would be a wonderful addition to a cold December night by the Christmas tree.

Crust Topping:

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar (my colleague cut it to 1/2 cup and it was sweet enough)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten

Filling:

2 T flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 to 5 cups fresh or frozen peaches  or blackberries
1 stick unsalted butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the egg. Mix until the topping is crumbly and set aside.
4. For the filling, mix flour and sugar in a small bowl. Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle with the flour and sugar mixture. Toss the fruit gently until they are evenly covered with the flour and sugar mixture.
5. Butter a 9 x 9 x 2 baking dish and add the fruit. Sprinkle the topping over the berries and drizzle butter over the topping.
6. Place on a baking sheet before baking, and bake for 45 minutes.

I took this picture from the King Arthur website. You can find it here, along with a gluten-free cobbler recipe, for those of you who are interested. Both cobblers look pretty much like the picture above. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status