My Week

Do you know what happened this past week? I experienced my spring break. Yep, that's right. All week long, I didn't have to go into work. I didn't teach. I didn't tutor. I didn't touch a single PowerPoint slide. Woo-hoo! But I did have work to do with respect to my classes: two exams needed to be put together and sent over to duplication. Monday morning, when I realized what I had to do, I crinkled up my nose and decided that the thing to do was to get them done. Then, I could move on to bigger and better things.

So did I follow through with that plan and write them on Monday? I finished most of those tests on Monday, but found myself double-checking them even on Wednesday afternoon. But, I also took some time for things that I really wanted to do, like converting a WIP into something a little different (I might tell you about that sometime). After that, for the rest of the week, I began reading a friend's first draft (yeah for first drafts!), I found Aaron a white shirt for his orchestra concert, I helped Aaron on the two days he stayed home sick with strep-like symptoms, and I had my hair done (red stripes are back in place!). Even better--I managed to read more than I have in a long time. Which means, it's no matter that I sat here in SW Ohio for the entire break AND that it's not really spring--I had an all around good week.

The one thing I didn't do is to catch up on my blog reading. So, cyber friends, I did not mean to neglect you. I'll do my best to get around to reading more of you in the upcoming weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Detours Just Aren't Worth It