Serial Publishing

I've given a lot of thought lately to how I can get my writing out there. There, being anywhere but in my home. This blog is a great way to find new readers, but I don't broadcast that I write it, and I don't link it up to Facebook or Twitter, mostly because I don't really think anyone wants to hear about what I have to say. If my writing were more profound, or life-altering, or some other combination of Holy cats I need to read this every day, then I might find a way to put myself out there, so to speak. But we all know why you read this blog. You either like to feel sorry for me, or you like to laugh at me, or you like to say to yourself Thank goodness I'm not that chick. Right? (I see you nodding your head, by the way.)

Which of course, led me to think about Charles Dickens. I know, I know, you didn't quite get the leap from my blog to Charles. Well, neither did I. But I really did get thinking about Old Man Dickens, and how he published some of his stories serially. And then I thought, well, what if I did that? What if I throw a chapter out there and see what sort of fish I can bring in? Would I find a readership that says, Hey lady, feed me more! I need to get that book? Will you come write for me?

More fanciful things have happened, I am sure.

Comments

Unknown said…
I like to read your blog for none of the reasons you listed :)

AND I was thinking that I would LOVE to read a chapter of your book.
Unknown said…
Let me take that back - I'd LOVE to read your whole book - the whole enchilada!
Christina said…
I'll send it to you, soon. It might be a good idea to have another opinion. And thanks for reading!
Unknown said…
Everyone in my office comes to me and my trusty red pen for editing :) AND a little known fact about me is that I have a BA with a major in English! I'd love to read it sometime :) And thanks for writing :)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status