Captain's Log, Day 11

You wanna know how the 11th day went?

1. How many words I wrote on November 9, 2015: 3050
2. Did I make the word count goal for the day? (1,667 words) Yes
3. Am I on track to finish 50,000 words by November 30? Yes

Distracting thought of my day: It doesn't matter that I only need 13,198 words to reach 50,000 words during the month of November (crazy, right?). If I reach the goal of 50,000 words and the story isn't done, I won't have succeeded, at least in my mind. And so, since I know the ending of the story, I wonder if I shouldn't just go ahead and write that, and then work backwards because I might be drawing out too much of the in between. Who knows?


Comments

Anonymous said…
I did that last year. I knew the ending, so I wrote it somewhere in the middle of the month. In fact, I didn't do much of anything last year in a chronological order. I'd write whatever scene happened to be on my brain when I sat down to write. It got the story out, but there is much editing to be done because they don't all flow very well together when written that way. Which didn't really matter, because that story just refused to be written in order so there was no other way to get it out of my head and onto paper.
Christina said…
Thanks for letting me know. I'm such a linear person, I like to get things out in order. It doesn't mean that I don't flashback to times and places, but it has to flow. I'm afraid to actually write the ending for the exact reason you state. Think I'll stay the course...

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status