Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Captain's Log, Day 17

You wanna know how the 17th day went?

Have I ever told you that I cannot not write? Well, it's true. I say I'm not going to look at my draft, and then I go back--AGAIN--just because I have some time and I find myself adding a few words here and there. Writing. Not thousands of words writing, but writing nonetheless. What is wrong with me? (No, don't answer that. I don't even want to know what your hypotheses are.)

And that, my friends, is why I added 1402 words to my story yesterday. (Thankfully, these were well-written, thoughtful words. They added VALUE to the draft. And they made me love it just that little bit more.)


2 comments:

Bethany House said...

I'm trying to resist the urge to go back and read what I've already written. I know if I do look at it before the first draft is completely out it'll discourage me. Glad you were able to add good things to your manuscript; and 1402 is a good amount of words when you're taking your time to write well rather than just sprinting through the pages.

Christina said...

You are the best cheerleader, Bethany!