Ba-na-nas!

As in, driving me.

How many times can a 5-year-old boy NOT listen to his mother? Infinite.
How many times can two almost 8-year-old girls NOT listen to their mother? Infinite.
How many times can I hang my head, hoping that Jo the Supernanny will walk in the door? (There is a pattern here, if you haven't noticed.) Infinite.

***
We don't own too many valuable items in this house, except for the kids. Why is that? Because of said kids. Case in point: We had (emphasis on the had) two very inexpensive floor lamps in the living room. Aaron likes to stand on the base of the lamps. For what purpose, I don't know. Two days ago, I told him (again) to get off of the lamp. One day ago I told him (again) to get off of the lamp. (Bananas, I say!) This morning, the lamp looked like it was leaning. I tried to right it, but couldn't. By this afternoon, I thought I'd look into the problem. As I came upon the lamp, I noticed some dust on the floor. I picked the lamp up to find that Aaron had caused the compound under the cheap, black casing of the base to crumble. The base was no longer intact, and the lamp is now in pieces in our garage.

And I know you are missing all of this, Timmy, right?

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
chris,
we have a saying in our house,"you can either have nice things, or you can have pets and kids." you may wish to adopt this mantra.

peace
dave
Kelsey said…
I know this probably isn't super helpful to you, but it makes me feel better to know that your kids don't always listen - I know what a good parent you are! So maybe my kids not listening isn't a sign that I'm defective???

Hang in there - I wish we were going to be there to offer some relief!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status