Who's Who

I received an email at my work account today, telling me I'd been nominated. For what? Mother of the year? Not by a long shot. It was for Who's Who in America.
Since 1899, Who's Who in America® has chronicled the lives and careers of America's most noteworthy people. Today, Marquis Who's Who has grown to include the biographies of millions of leaders and achievers from around the world and from every significant field of endeavor. Executives, journalists, educators, students, libraries, and researchers of all kinds consult our online biographical database and specialized directories for in-depth, accurate information they can use with confidence. From the Who's Who website.
Who, may I ask, would want to use my biographical data for anything? They must be reaching pretty far here, contacting adjunct faculty at local community colleges. My one book that has been published, while nice, is not a best seller, nor do I do cutting edge research. I got a good chuckle out of the email at least.

***
I am missing Tim right now. Partly because things are somewhat haywire, but not too badly, but partly because he is my sounding board for when things at my school go wrong. I got a phone call today from work about a student who didn't like her grade. Let's say I did everything right, so there should not be any repercussions, but I am willing to go to the dean with proof that this student should not have passed. I shudder to think that she may someday be a nurse. On the other hand, a few great eggs just passed Biology 143! Good luck to them and their future endeavors.

***
Aaron was at school today, so it has been pretty quiet around here. Melina and I ran some errands, including a quick trip to the grocery store. She pretty much sat in the cart and wanted to have smooches from me the entire time. Melina also wanted the pasta in Aisle 4, but I explained that we would have to 1. buy it first, and 2. cook it.

More to come, more to come!



Comments

cryptozoologist said…
chris,
don't you know that who's who is a conspiracy to publish a book full of biographical information about anyone who might be able to afford to buy the book?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status