Strike Three -- You're Out!

The kids play pretty often with a child up the street. Said child and Aaron don't always get along, but they've managed to coexist pretty well. In the last couple of weeks, though, it has become clear that a somewhat peaceful relationship with this child might be in danger.

Incident #1: While we didn't exactly see what happened, the Aaron, the girls, and this child were out front, playing T-ball. With a wooden bat. The wooden bat shouldn't have been there, but we can blame Tim for that. In any case, the wooden bat contacted Aaron's head (with some help from the child) and Aaron went to the ER the next day.

Incident #2: The child, the child's sibling, 2 kids from the street over, and my 4 children were all outside in the back yard. We were playing in the sand, on the swingset, and in the playhouse. All of a sudden, the dialogue goes like this:

Kids: Ewwwww! There is dog poop in here!
Me: Dog doo? Where is it?
Kids: In the playhouse!
Me: What?!? Where?
Kids: In the sink!

I grumbled, and headed over to the play house. Sure enough, in the sink is sitting some dog doo. Shadow dog doo. He does not go in the playhouse, much less defecate in the sink.

Me: Why would you do this?
My kid #1: I didn't do it.
My kid #2: I didn't do it.
Melina: Mommy -- dog doo. Yuck.

I cleaned up the mess, and asked who did it. No one said anything. I really didn't think my kids would do this. My kid #3 wasn't even near the house at the time, and Melina (my kid #4) is too little to do something like that. Neighbor child (NC) was pretty quiet, and looked guilty, so after some internal talking to myself, I plunged ahead.

Me: Did you do this?
NC: Yes.
Me: If you do anything like this again, you are no longer welcome to play here.
Her: Okay.
Me: Thank you for being honest.

I am all for honesty, but when strike three happens, that child is outta here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status