Brush With Greatness

Two cups of coffee and a coke, and it isn't even 2 pm. And this is for the gal who normally drinks a combination of decaf and regular coffee such that the caffeine intake is less than one cup per day.

My hands are shaking, my heart a little fluttery, but I can barely stay awake. Because Kelsey dragged me out last night, and I'm so glad she did. (And yes, we were out past 8 pm; I arrived in the door at 11:34 pm, I think, and then I had trouble sleeping, and was up and out of bed at 5:11 am.)

What were we doing? I don't normally just shoot the breeze with Kelsey until that time of the night. Instead, we hit a Dar Williams concert in a city close to home. It was my first time seeing her, and Kelsey's, I don't know, umpteenth? Who knows. Dar's music is fantastic when you listen to on CD; in person, it's even better.

So now, I owe Kelsey big. She's introduced me, literally, to two famous people. I have an inkling that maybe Kelsey herself will be famous someday, too. And I can say, I knew her when...


Comments

Kelsey said…
Ha ha! Famous for what?!

I think I'm good at propelling other people toward their dreams... can I get famous for that? :-) I'm a very supportive friend.

And, for the millionth time, I'm so, SO glad you braved the late hour to come with me. My heart is happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status