The Good and the Bad

The good news: as of yesterday, I have a finished first draft of my manuscript.
The bad news: I have so many unanswered questions, that it might as well not really be called finished.

In my mind, however, it helps to know that I have told a story from beginning to end. That there is a start, a series of events where the plot unfolds, the struggle, the climax, and then conclusion to the story. If all of that is on the paper, then my work constitutes a first draft. See how I make myself feel better every day? The little things, people, the little things.

So the rest of this month, I will go back and figure out the answers to questions such as:
1. What purpose does Karen serve in the story?
2. What do they do about Charlie and testing?
3. What about the other kids, Lexie and Delia? Should they play more paramount roles?
4. What the heck happened to Pickles Martin?!?

I'm confident I can address some of these and at least get a somewhat more pulled together draft by the end of November. If I do it the right way, I could very well have added almost 50,000 new words to this book, in one month. My own personal version of NaNoWriMo. Wish me luck, friends. I'm going to need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status