Thanks

I had a moment the other morning where I started to get down. I thought to myself, What in the hell am I doing? Why am I trying to make my way in the publishing world? Why can't I be content with giving you my views here, in this forum? I'm done, I said to myself. Just done.

No, I hadn't received another rejection, although I have enough to my name now that if I printed them out, I could nicely gift wrap a bowling ball, in a good size box, and then throw it at an agent's head for attention. I'm not actually sure what made me decide that my writing career was over before it had even started, but within 30 seconds, I had veered back the other way.

No, I said to myself. You aren't done. You will keep writing, regardless what happens. And so, within the blink of an eye, I was back on board and determined to keep going. I told my kids about my already solved dilemma; they looked at me with bleary eyes, said, Okay, and then went on their way.

They don't realize it now, but I just taught them a very important lesson. The lesson to work hard and not let the negative feelings get to you. To not let anyone else tell you what you can and cannot do. To not give up if you have a dream.

Someday, they'll thank me for it, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status