Hurrah!

Most of you now know this, but last night, Zoe finished up a poem for an extra credit assignment, and when I told her she should submit it to a local literary magazine, she said yes!

When we clicked that button to submit, I felt like a mama bird watching her baby bird fly for the first time. The smile that passed across Zoe's face was huge, and the same one I feel when I get a great idea into my head for a story.

I have no idea if the magazine will print her poem. I have no idea if she will submit any more work anywhere else. I don't care. I'm just proud.

P.S. I can't post the poem here, as a post is considered published, and I don't know how the literary magazine would feel about that (because, you know, I have so many readers!). However, if you want me to send it to you via email, feel free to contact me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Detours Just Aren't Worth It