Twitter Descriptions

Having used Twitter successfully (or not) for a few months now, I find that I'm more fascinated by the Twitter follower's own description than I am of what they said. Here are some of the more intriguing (or not) Twitter descriptions I've found lately.

@The_Kingsolver: Depauw and Arizona University Grad, Mother of Two, Extremely Successful Author. That description comes from Barbara Kingsolver. Why yes, she is an extremely successful author. Her writing is rich with biology and nature and she uses a large and frothy vocabulary which, apparently, doesn't include the word, humble.

@cbmysteries: Responsible for the Cue Ball Mysteries and some truly awful poetry. Cindy Blackburn can lay claim to that description. And while I have not read a piece from Ms. Blackburn, the fact that she writes awful poetry will not deter me. In fact, I might ask her to share that awful poetry and we can compare our losses.

@kierstenwhite: Hi! I'm a New York Times bestselling YA author. I also give the most awkward hugs in the world. You should probably opt for one of my books over one of my hugs. If you, Kiersten White, need to tell me to choose your book over your hug, then maybe, I don't want to read that book (I like to make my own decisions). And NYT bestselling book means nothing: I've read quite a few that didn't deserve to be there. (I have to be honest and tell you that I haven't read a single one of her books either.)

@megcabot: Author of the Princess Diaries, The Mediator, and Size 12 mystery series (among other books). Cat owner. Insomniac. If you don't know Meg, then you probably haven't read the Princess Diaries. That's okay. Her description is mundane. However it is saved by the inclusion of cat owner and insomniac. All cat owners are nodding their heads. Don't the two go hand in hand?

And here's one of my true favorites:

@abliterary: Literary agent, pizza lover, dance fiend, park enthusiast, and that's just the beginning. There are no limits to what I can do. Yes, Annie Bomke! You've given us a taste of who you are, but just a tiny one. And then? And then you go beyond and inspire us to be a person who has no limits, too. 

Any favorites you care to share?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status