Changes

I am not one for New Year's Resolutions, but something has to change.

Last night I once again skipped any New Year's festivities. Instead, I was snuggled up with Aaron and turned off the light at 9:07 pm.

It could have been that I managed to get in my long run that morning (I always get pretty tired by the end of the day if that happens). It could have been that we babysat for some friends, so we had 3 extra kids (ages 3, 7, and 8) at our house from 1 until 8:30 pm. It could have been that a week with all the kids home had just tuckered me out.

Whatever the case, I need to change it. The girls wanted to try to stay up until midnight this year, and I have no idea if Tim allowed them to do so. But part of the fun for the kids is knowing that your parents are allowing you to do something they don't normally allow you to do. And at this point, still, they enjoy spending time with us. How much longer is that going to last, I ask you? So, 365 days from now (it is a leap year, after all) even if we all end up snoring on the couch amidst the trappings of our home party, I already have plans.

Somebody will just need to remind me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status