Different Views

This was my conversation with Zoe last night.

Z: Mom, I think I might need deodorant for gym class days.
Me: You do? Why do you think that?
Z: Um, because I get all sweaty and then I stink.
Me: You do? How do you know?
Z: Well, I sniffed myself.
Me: Okay, well. Let me sniff.
Z: Okay. [Zoe lifts up her arm, and I sniff.]
Me: Yep, you do.
Z: [Smile]
Me: [Freak]

Neither Zoe nor Talia argued with me this morning when I asked them to take a quick shower before getting ready for school. In fact, they were more than willing. And when I gave them my deodorant (I later went to the store and got them each their own), a smile spread across each of their faces, an epic smile, as those two are wont to say.

This growing up thing? I am not ready for it, that is for sure. And those two? Well, I think they just might be.

Comments

Julie said…
oh my gosh. those tiny babies I held in Ann Arbor? I'm having my own minor freak out over here, so I can only imagine what you must be feeling!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status