Torn

So. I have mentioned many a time that we have cats. Usually, when they do something wrong, I sit here before the computer, vent, and move on.

At this point, though, I am tired of my cats, and stand at a crossroad. I hate to say that I might slip with a lovely overdose of insulin, but as wicked as that sounds, I just might. These two critters, my once beloved Lucy and Ferdinand, are actually driving me bananas.

Here is the short list of their egregious (and repetitive) errors:
  1. Urinating on the basement carpet, and not in the litter box.
  2. Defecating on the basement carpet, and not in the litter box.
  3. Vomiting just about anywhere, and of course, not in the litter box.

You might say that we should just train them to clean it all up, but that ain't happening. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired from cleaning up after these cats. I think they do these things to make me angry, or to tell me that they are angry.

Here is why I think they might be angry:
  1. One of them urinated outside the box and the urine ran in front of their food bowls. Therefore, to eat, they had to stand in a light coating of urine. Disgusting, right? I agree. But I can't check on their habitat 3 times a day just to make sure it is clean.
  2. There was poop in the litter box. Yep, there was. BUT THEY HAVE THREE (3) LITTER BOXES TO USE! If I found poop in one of my three toilets, I'd just use another one, wouldn't you? Or flush it, of course. Which makes me think we should get flushing litter boxes.
  3. The blue water bowl wasn't full. Can we say prima donna? Again, they have more than one water bowl to use.
Any suggestions from the cat lovers? I'll take any advice I can get. I am assuming that the cat haters I know would just fill that syringe a little fuller the next time we give Ferdinand the insulin.

Comments

Hopeful Mama said…
Actually, could they have the beginnings of dementia? They are pretty old.
T said…
I hate to say it but I agree with Mama. Seriously and they are "twins" per se, and even if not genetically, their coming from the same liter would lead the genetic component of it occurring with them both at the same time.
Christina said…
I plan on at least having the vet check them...perhaps they do have dementia. Obviously, you will get the scoop!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status