Inappropriate Book Titles

I don't know what they were viewing on the internet, but I do know that Tim was with them.  It should have been okay.  But, it wasn't.

The girls had stumbled on a piece of random information, some of which showed books with inappropriately placed price tags.

These tags magically changed innocuous book titles into rather lewd book titles.  Case in point? I actually have a couple.

With the clever placement of the price tag,  Little House on the Prairie becomes Little Ho on the Prairie.  I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed til I cried when I heard that one. Then I had to explain what a ho was to the girls.  That led to another round of giggles by all of us.  All they need to do now is say little house and I'm off snickering in the corner.

The second title on the screen was The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Can you guess where the sticker went to make the title not so family friendly?  Yep.  Right there at the end of the 3rd word.  So then we have The Very Hung Caterpillar. I almost spit out my water, and while I am sitting there envisioning ginormous genitals on a caterpillar, the girls start cracking up.  What?  Do they know that vulgar slang already?  Thankfully, no.  They were thinking that the caterpillar hung himself, which for a toddler is probably even worse than thinking that a caterpillar is well endowed.  Either way, the tears kept flowing.

So this got me thinking about some book titles, and what I could come up with if I had the chance to place some price tags on the titles. What would you create?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status