Strong Man

"Mom, this came off of my Barbie car." Melina held up the side view mirror and placed both the car and the mirror in my hands.

"Huh. Well, let's see." I plunked the car onto the table and pushed the mirror into the side. I could see the hole into which the mirrors end needed to be. Whether or not my strength could get it through was going to be the problem.

"You know, Melina? You might need to ask Daddy to do this if it doesn't work for me. He's stronger than I am sometimes."

Melina stuck right hand onto her hip, looked up at me from the side of her eyes, and pulled her eyebrows up. "Daddy would be a good strong man for a circus, wouldn't he?"

I wonder when that view of hers will change. Personally, I hope she always sees her dad as a strong man, regardless of how much he can physically accomplish.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status