Preventative Measures

Melina was a relatively early potty trainer.  Before she was two, Melina was able to use the potty.  Pretty well in fact.  This shouldn't be a surprise, as she watched the 5 other people in the house use the toilet.  And when I say watch, I mean it.  I once posted that there was no privacy in this house.  It has gotten a bit better, but not by much.

Anyway, I know kids sometimes feel the need to do strange things before going potty.  A cousin of the kids (who shall remain nameless) used to (and maybe still does) feel the need to disrobe when potty time came.  None of our kids did that, but all of a sudden, Melina has taken on a very similar habit.

Each time Melina heads to the bathroom, she MUST take off her necklace, bracelet, and headband.  I've repeatedly told her that the chance of her necklace getting into the toilet is very slim, but as kids are wont to do, she doesn't listen.  To be honest, she has good reason. You'd think that the probability of a headband going into the toilet is slimmer than the necklace.  Not in this house.  Just last week I had to reach in and extract the headband from the undesirable depths of the already-been-urinated-in toilet.

I guess I shouldn't complain about Melina's preventative measures.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status