(2016 NaNoWriMo) Captain's Log, Day 13

Author's Note: The plan for November is to update my readers on my daily NaNoWriMo progress. It's a way to connect with you, of course, but it helps keep me accountable, too. Please also note that I've added the date that NaNoWriMo predicts I will be done, assuming I keep my pace.

The tally:

1. How many words I wrote on November 13, 2016. 3259
2. Did I make the word count goal for the day (1667 words)? Yes
3. Am I on track to finish by November 30, 2016? Yes
4. I will finish by: November 14, 2016 

Distracting thought of my day: I will finish 50,000 words by the end of the day. And right there--how that 50,000 words came to be--is a story in and of itself. It's something I'll be thinking of and I'll try to write it up for the mid-way point post for tomorrow or for my NaNoWriMo wrap up at the end. The bottom line: writing a 50,000-word novel becomes an obsession for me and my OCD. All the other details will have to wait. 

So what's on tap for the rest of my day, considering I won't have to put my fingers to the key board as much? A date with a piece I need to edit. Some time spent with an exam. A nice cup of tea. It's a wonderful life, isn't it? 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status