I Need Your Help!

Of course, there could be many reasons why I need your help. But I don't have much time today, so I won't go into any of the other reasons why I might need your assistance.

I need to buy some sort of computer that will help me in my quest to get everything done. I won't find one that will do laundry and homework or anything else, but I'd like to be able to have something small, something that works on a wireless network, and something larger than a phone. I would use it for checking email (work and personal), doing small bits of research, and perhaps typing up documents. My thought was to get an Ipad, but I've never used them.

So, does anyone have an Ipad? Does anyone have any suggestions? All are welcome!

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
hi chris,
you likely want a netbook or a tablet. remember though that android phones and iphones are really small tablets. a phone is fine for all you say you want it for except for typing longer documents.

a netbook is a small laptop without a cd/dvd drive. they have small keyboards which bother some people (but not me). they can be got for around $250 these days and so this is a very attractive option.

tablets are very cool and do all the stuff you want and lots of other fun stuff (like reading ebooks or watching stuff on netflix) but again the keyboard is part of a touch screen and some folks do not like to type on it.

the good news is we have all of these devices and you are welcome to check 'em out anytime you like. just let us know when would be a good time for you.
Kelsey said…
Hi Chris,

I second the recommendation for a netbook. I've had mine for nearly a year and I love it. It enables me to do the email/blogging thing where ever I am in the house and many places out and about. It is light and has a very long battery life (after a year, still about 8 hours). I am careful not to store a lot on it, sometimes I load pictures temporarily, but still keep most of that stuff on our big desktop.

There have only one or two instances where I wished for the CD drive - but most software has a download code you can buy. I used thumb drives for saving or transferring things between computers.

You can check this out anytime. The specific type I got, a Toshiba, was recommended by both CNET and Consumer Reports.

I have more to say about this but I think it lends itself to in person or phone conversation!

I could bring it to church.
T said…
Todd builds computers a side job, let him know what you want/need and cost you don't want to exceed and obviously he wouldn't charge you for time, just base costs and provide you with a receipt.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status