I've Got Nothing

New to report, that is. I woke up this morning, a new day ahead of me, a new blog post to compose, and I can't think of anything to write! If I waited a bit, I am certain that something substantial would be said or happen around here, but we have a busy Saturday today. It isn't actually any busier than any other Saturday -- in fact it might be less busy now that soccer season is over -- but during soccer season, I don't try to write every single day. So, I am feeling a bit of pressure.

Part of that pressure stems from my faithful reader from the North. Remember her? She is the one that called me a slacker. Apparently she enjoys reading the blog first thing in the morning while she has her coffee. I do appreciate the readership -- perhaps she can send her friends over -- but I am usually a step behind her. But, she does not work on Saturdays! Maybe I can catch up this weekend, and get a few blog posts ahead, and then next week, she can enjoy chasing after me! A girl can dream, right?

Anyway, FRN, as I will call this reader, asked "What is a characteristic you would change about yourself? Minus physical features or anything of that nature."

Thank goodness she pulled out the physical features. As I know many women would, there are many tweaks I'd probably make if I could physically. I consider myself lucky, though, that I can't think of too many other characteristics I would change. Please don't take that as being arrogant. I don't, in any way, think that there isn't room for improvement! I could be a better wife, mother, daughter, friend, volunteer, etc. I could have more emphathy, more curiosity, and more compassion. But the first thing that came to mind is this: If I could change a characteristic about myself, I would like to be a little bit less of a neat freak.

You might wonder about that one. It is actually more complex than it sounds. Because I like neatness, because I like things to be tidy, disarray can really bother me. I mean, really bother me. To the point that the mess is overwhelming. Why do I vacuum the downstairs each day? Because the dog hair and random bits of tiny paper make my vision swirl when I walk by. And the toys that don't get put away or the clothing that Tim piles up in our room? It used to be that my blood pressure would rise each time I looked at those items. I've adjusted a little, and that usually doesn't happen anymore, but I've realized that in my world, even a bit of clutter makes me feel as though I walked in to a hoarder's house. I kid you not.

I could probably write more about the feeling I get when chaos meets a neat freak -- which let me tell you happens quite a bit when you have 3 animals and 4 children -- but I would like to get out for my long run this morning. Those long runs that I try to do every Saturday morning help stem the flood of panic that ensues sometimes when I look around at the tangled mess that can be our lives around here.

Any other questions?

Comments

T said…
I died at this! Here's random options:
Do you believe multiple personality disorder is real?
Best movie ever and why?
Worst and why?
Best worst move you hate that you love?
What is your dirty little secret like the fact that you love pastels or other innocent but random facts.
Us Weekly does 25 Things About Me that celebrities do. So again 25 random things about you that most people may not know like living in France, having a seriously awesome vertical jump etc.
Julie said…
how on earth did you ever stand living with me for so long?!? I think living with you helped me become slightly less messy - or at least ponder that neatness has some benefits. living with me probably caused you to have more panic at the sight of messes...

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status