Tired of Complaining

You know, as much as I don't want to rush things, I think that I am so done with 4th grade already. I am kind of tired of writing about my experience with the girls and 4th grade, but on the other hand, it does me good to get out my frustration in words.

Let me say, again, how much I like our school, our teachers, and our prinicipal. I really feel grateful for everything that we get from our school. And to be honest, I might not be happy with any school -- my standards are that high.

This is my question, though. How can I really appreciate the teachers and believe they will do a good job with the kids when the teachers themselves constantly make mistakes?

(I have to put in here that I am not always the queen of grammar. I don't always construct sentences correctly, and sometimes, I take poetic license to go against the rules of grammar. There, I just needed you to know that I am not trying to be holier-than-thou.)

Three cases in point:

1. On Monday's, we learn math strategies. Umm, that should be Mondays, no apostrophe. This is a consistent mistake! Okay, maybe the math teacher wrote this particular letter and she isn't good with grammar. But the grammar teacher's name is also on the letter.

2. Letter from Mrs. A and Mrs. M. You can't tell anything from that. I don't want to finger point so I took out the real names. However, Mrs. M's name was spelled incorrectly! On the top of the letter!!

3. I don't have the letter in front of me, but there is an egregious error with respect to comma usage.

If you have kept up with my chronicle of 4th grade thus far, you know these ladies teaching my girls are particularly picky when it comes to errors on the paper. They don't allow errors, period. The teachers want the children to edit their papers, whether the paper concerns math or grammar. No dollar sign? You get a point off. Capitalization error? The word is wrong. And therein lies my largest complaint yet. (I know, I honestly sound like a broken record here). How, pray tell, can the teachers have this policy for the children, but not for themselves?

I am in a sticky spot here. Do I say something to the teachers or the principal? I have thought about trying to go off the record with the principal, but I am not sure. Tim says to wait until 4th grade is over. What is your vote?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status