Edu-ma-cation

Today's a good day for a little edu-ma-cation. And I mean the real kind, not the kind that FRN is thinking of as her mind wanders into the depths of the gutter.

So, what's it going to be? I think something easy, like Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day, should do it. If you don't sign up for the wotd, you should. Even a little more mental stimulation at the start of some days can lead to great, great things.

Anyway, the word for today is:

Ne plus ultra

I always laugh at that word and I'm not sure why. Perhaps because my French-trained brain wants to pronounce the word quite differently than how it should be said, nay-plus-UL-truh.

No matter, do you know what it means? I think you do. Hint: acme is a synonym. If you'd like to get the entire definition, head on over to Merriam-Webster and look it up. And then, just for practice, use ne plus ultra in a sentence.  

Consider yourself edu-ma-cated for the day.

Comments

Tanstaafl said…
Cool word. I learned something today. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status