Tell Me How You Really Feel: 13

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that yesterday, Aaron underwent a urethral meatoplasty. Big words to say he had his urethral opening widened. He'd had trouble for a while with the simple act of eliminating urine. It happened, no problem, but the stream was always, shall we say, pretty narrow.

Well, Aaron sailed through the procedure (thankfully) and had to urinate when we arrived home. I stood outside the bathroom door and listened to how much better his hose worked.
Me: Finally! That sounds so much better!
Aaron: You won't be able to tell if it's me or Daddy in here!
I laughed and took care of a few more items. Aaron went about his day. Then, Melina arrived home.
Aaron: Melina! Stand outside the bathroom door!
Melina: But I have to go potty!
Aaron: Just a minute. [Inside the bathroom, I hear the rush of fluid.]
Melina: Wow.
Aaron: You know the hose thing out side? I'm like that now. It's no longer just the stream setting, it's the soaker setting.
Me: Hah!
Aaron was so excited by his new improved stream, he hollered at the twins when they came home. The minute they came home.
Aaron: Zoe! Stand outside the bathroom door!
Zoe: Really? [Eye roll.]
Aaron: Listen. [Inside the bathroom, he begins to go.]
Zoe: Oh. My. Goodness.
Yes, even the grumpy almost 13-year-old could tell the difference and celebrate Aaron's success. So, we went through the same routine when Tim came home at 6:15 p.m. We didn't celebrate nearly as much as would have if, say, Michigan had won a national championship or something like that, but smiles graced all of our faces for much of the evening.

Remember, everyone, it's the little things. The little things that keep us going around here. I say that phrase quite often, but I actually mean it, too. And today, because of the little things, I'm feeling grateful. Which is another sentiment I talk about a lot. Just thought I'd tell you how I really feel.

Comments

Tanstaafl said…
One day, assuming I am invited to the wedding, Ian going to tell everyone this.. Assuming of course that you haven't already played a recording for the in laws during the engagement party.

Oh... Tim..audio recording only. There may be some laws against video.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status