Red Rover, Red Rover

It's taken me long enough to figure this out, but I truly believe part of what makes a healthy life are the people you choose to surround yourself with. Hopefully, you have a good smattering of people in your microcosm. Or maybe I should say a good smattering of good people.

But I've found that, at least in my life, there exists a subset of people who I think will support me no matter what, based on what they tell me. Now, when push comes to shove, as they say, those people cave like a wet piece of cardboard, and instead of supporting and helping me, it's the other way around. I'm okay with that scenario, now that I'm aware that it happens. After all, I'm a big supporter of supporters and supporting, and I hope that I'm actually a big supporter of yours.

I've also found (I know, no one likes an "and then" story, which is sort of where this is going, but remember--this isn't a story, thank you very much), I'm lucky enough to have the support system I really need, and usually, it's made up of two sorts of people: those who are sincere in their claim that they will support me, and those who don't state anything at all, but are there, nevertheless. No matter what.

Both sets of people are wonderful, helpful human beings, and great additions to a support system. But when I think long and hard about this topic, the sneaky, quiet ones are the people I'd choose each and every time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status