Battle with the Bathtubs

A battle went down yesterday at our house.

Me against the bathtubs. Two of them. One fiberglass, less than five years old. But with incredibly stubborn stains (despite my best attempts to keep that tub clean). The other, an old ceramic tub with so many dings, dents, bruises, and spots on it, I couldn't tell what was old and what was dirty. (In fact, I'd tell people that the tub was clean, just old. And I really did clean it with Comet or all-purpose cleaners. A lot of good those did, I guess.)

The score?

Me: 2
Bathtubs: 0

I can't take all the credit. I had vinegar, baking soda, and a scrub brush on hand. But these players took away what all the other cleansers couldn't. And now, I won't be afraid to step into the tubs and shower in them.

(All my future guests should thank me.)

And in case you're interested, all I did was this: fill a spray bottle with equal parts vinegar and water. Spray the surfaces of the tub. Sprinkle baking soda on (I had to actually buy a new, HUGE box about midway through the day because I used up all my baking soda during this process), then spray again with the water/vinegar. Walk away for a while. A long while. The longer the better. The dirtier, the longer. Come back, and scrub. (The internet will tell you that all you need to do is wipe the junk away with a paper towel. Either that doesn't work, or my tubs were so bad I needed the scrub brush.)

Voila. I'm just a regular old Heloise, now, aren't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status