Lemon Water

I have never liked a slice of lemon in my water. I'm okay with an occasional glass of homemade lemonade, but the slightly acidic taste of a slice of lemon in my cold aqua pura has never been my cup of tea. And now, I'm happy to say that it isn't.

Just a few moments ago, I found this article on the Huffington Post regarding lemon wedges in water. It says enough to get me to tell Zoe, who loves those little slices of sour, to stop asking for them at a restaurant.

As stated in the article (which was summarized from an original research article published in the Journal of Environmental Health), "Researchers swabbed the rinds and flesh of 76 lemons from 21 restaurants collected during 43 visits and found that a whopping 70 percent of them produced microbial growth."

Yack.

Furthermore, a clinical professor of microbiology and pathology at NYU Langone Medical Center, one Philip Tierno, Ph.D., has also conducted similar experiments and found that "half of lemon wedges collected from various restaurants were contaminated with human fecal matter."

Double yack.

If I want something contaminated with human fecal matter, I'm sure I can manage to do that at my own home, and at least I'd know whose fecal matter it is.

I cringe at the thought now of even eating out and I'm happy that we don't do it that often. Mind your lemon slices, people, and anything else that goes with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status